Monday, February 22, 2016

Chhhhiilleee

Hello world!

Greetings from the southern hemisphere! Things are quite splendid here. I’m happy today, really happy to send you a photo of some converts that got baptized a few weeks ago in my old sector. Remember me talking about them! It’s a special blessing to be an instrument in the conversion process. My son in the mission, Elder Moreira, was able to baptize them and it just made me so happy to see that picture. For some reason, I don't know why, it seems that everyone is ready to get baptized when I leave a sector, but I’m just happy to be a part of the work. 


This last week was a blast full of divisions and contacting. I learned the the humble are the only ones that really learn in the end, and I spent time with the missionaries in the Zone. Every missionary to me is just incredible, and I love getting know them and serving with them. This past week I was with Elder Rocha, he’s a Brazilian missionary that has a grand total of about 15 months in the church. Two years ago he was an atheist and let two missionaries in his house. It’s stories and people like that that keep me going. 


Doris’s fecha fell through :( she had a fight with her mom about religion and getting baptized and then made the decision to slow things down a little bit to think. The problem is we haven't been able to talk to her, but I’m confident that we’re doing everything that we can and that the Lord is content with our work. She's an amazing person, and it makes me sad to see her not get baptized. But I still have hope for her. 


On the bright side, we brought another person to church named Ivon with her son. She has a cousin on a mission and is interested in the church. The best part was last we when we taught her she gave us ICE CREAM. WOW! Nothing makes me more happy on a hot day than teaching and eating ice cream. haha.


In my personal study, I read Moses today. It’s incredible to me how much God knows and loves every child he has. We are numbered, he says, and made in the image of is Only Begotten. Those phrases made me think of the love He has and the power He gives to each and every one of us. So let’s keep working! 


Love,


Elder Walker