Monday, February 1, 2016

New Area and Trio

I’m in Ochagavia in the ward Ochagavia, which like a said last week is one of the more humble parts of the mission, actually probably the most humble part (at least economically speaking). It’s humble like where I started the mission, but instead of country it’s all inner city. My companions are from California and Uruguay. Yes, I have two companions: Elder Hunter and Elder Perugorria. They’re amazing missionaries, and I love them both to death. Actually Elder Perugorria and I lived together in La Isla when I first got to the mission, so he's an old friend. And Elder Hunter and I were together in my last zone. We get along great, and we’re working on the communication because it’s a little different as a trio, but everything is fine. 

The ward is great, and I’m still getting to know everyone. haha. It’s hard to compare because I spent so much time in my last sector and really love the people there, but I'm getting used to it here. We’re working really hard, and this month is where the opposition is the greatest because of the heat. February is a month of miracles, and we’re going to baptize. Si o si.  It’s when it makes the most heat, and when nobody's there but that’s when the Lord blesses us. I loved to hear about the hike of the young women and the message about enduring to the end. It’s so important. In the mission it definitely applies. I have to endure to the end of every day, of every month, and to the end of my mission. I think that the goal isn't just making it to the end, it’s a lot more than just that. We have to endure, yes, but endure well. Enduring well for me is like you said thriving. I’m trying to live like that. Just like the Lord said to Joseph Smith when he was in Jail


 8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.


 9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.


Every day has to be like that. Working hard! Love you all.


Elder Walker