Monday, April 6, 2015

Working, Conference, and Changes

Hi,

SO this week was pretty full, just like every other week for the last 8 months or so. Being missionaries, going to Conference, and having changes kept us busy. 

First, being missionaries. So as usual we left the house and taught people last week, and with the toilet finally being repaired after six long weeks of it being broken, I've really found a new passion for the work. Haha. We have a few good investigators but none of them attended Conference :( but I'll keep you posted on them. Really I'm just trying to find a way to have success, but I'm realizing more and more that there isn't some secret door or hidden anwser that gives us the key that we need to have sucess. Life is more about hard work and endurance, and that's why we have the gospel to give us the strength we need to overcome that natural man...and work. Nefi gives us a great example in Nefi 7:17 he prayed for strength from God to break his cords, not for some magical solution that would free him from his problems. He was very specific, and God gave Him the power that he needed in that moment to free himself and save his own life.

Second, going to Conference. Honestly all the stuff about marriage was a little much, but at the same time I liked it. It's good to keep the eternal perspective even in the mission. I did however love the talk given that used the allegory of dancing to the music. We can learn the dance moves and even become great dancers, but if we don't hear the music we're not going to enjoy it as much. Conference makes me a little homesick though. We as a mission didn't view the priesthood session which makes me a little sad, but I'll read it in a few weeks. But President B. did tell us that well be going to the temple now after President Monson's talk, and the mission is super excited for that.

Third, having changes. So we had changes and now I'm with Elder Moesinger. I love this guy and as clearly identified from his name he is not Latino. I've had all Americans as comps in my mission!!!!! Its just kind of funny now. haha. The crazy thing is that I already knew him because we've been living together in the same pension; however,  President shut down a sector in our ward, which makes our sectors huge with just us to work in it. I love it! He's from Ogden, Utah, and he actually knew Elder Brown (the Elder that trained me) before the mission. So that's cool. He just finished training and now were comps and super stoked to go find some people with him. 

Love you guys so much, 

Elder Walker
New companion, Elder Moesinger, and I