Monday, November 17, 2014

Hello Again!

Dear everyone,

So this last week was good, a little slow because we had Stake Conference, and we had to get my companion’s visa extended and other stuff. So we didn't spend much time in our sector, which is a little hard. To get my Comps visa, we went into Santiago and after spending the day there we decided to grab some food. Long story short we were in this giant bus station and we found a Taco Bell, and I went up there to order. I started to try to order the same thing I get at home, which is 2 Beefy 5 layer burritos and a crunch wrap supreme. But they didn’t have a menu, and I had to describe them in Spanish which was really funny. My comp and I were laughing so hard. In the end, they didn't have the burritos, but they did have a crunch wrap supreme, at least. It was awesome.

With our investigators, we’re progressing really well with Kimberly and as for Jose we had a lesson and told him that we couldnt baptize him with his job (since he has to work on Sunday and can’t come to church.) Since then, he has been really busy and we haven't seen him. That’s been hard, but just keep swimming, right? We know that he is ready but it’s complicated with this new job. His job is pretty cool though he’s a life guard at this water park that’s actually kind of big. 
     
In my scriptures this past week I was reading in Alma in his counsel to his sons Heleman, Shiblon, and Corianton. Wow! His counsel is so good! Something that I really liked was Alma’s comparison of the scriptures to the Liahona at the end of chapter 37. I like how they both work according to your faith and diligence and how easy it is for us like the children of Lehi to neglect what is right in front of us. It talks about how easy it is to hear the words of Christ which show us the way to eternal life, if we’ll just pay attention. Anyway, go read it Alma 37:38-46 

I love you all, but I love Chloe and Mare the most this week because they had their birthdays!!

Elder Walker

PS. I want some Cliff bars in my birthday package, and if you can an electronic Spanish dictionary for when I don't have Elder Brown.

Elder Brown and his posteridad.


Kimberly had a birthday.
Members gave us these sick hats.