Monday, April 11, 2016

Wait Upon the Lord

Well this P-day has been pretty crazy. The secretaries called us yesterday to tell me that I had to go take care of my visa today. So I spent the whole day waiting in lines and spending ridiculous amounts of money for pieces of paper. However, it was fun to walk around the big city of Santiago and see the big skyscrapers. It really is a beautiful city. 

Interestingly enough my scripture of the week is in Isaiah in the 40th chapter and 31st verse. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." I was surprised to hear that same verse repeated when Jeffrey R. Holland gave his Sunday afternoon address and said, "So keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." Those words have stuck with me as my shoes get a little more worn, my feet more tired and my body sore. We must wait upon the Lord and see His blessings in our lives. They’ll come; they always come. 

It reminds of yesterday when we got to church and Veronica wasn't there for her confirmation, and I was pretty startled. We called her and everyone in her family, and after a lot of failed attempts I sat down on the bench and said a pray telling the Lord that I’d trust in Him. Then, I walked outside and saw them! When I got outside the church and looked over, I could see Veronica and her family walking towards the church. Some might call it a coincidence and say that they would of gotten there without my prayer, but the I know that the Lord responds to faith. We just have to wait upon Him. 

I’m so excited that Camron brought home a girl!!! I mean after what Elder Uchtdorf said in the men’s general conference session, I think that it’s pretty clear that we all have to date. Doing the math I feel pretty safe in saying that if things work out with her, he won’t get married before I get back. That’s good. Anyways, I love you all so much. Have a great week.

Elder Walker