Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Things are really shaking in Chile

Hi everyone,

So another week in the CCM and things are going well. I’m starting to understand Spanish and can pretty much get what are teachers or other gringos are saying. The hard part is when talking to natives. They speak so fast here that their sentences sound like words. 


Big news! We had an earthquake a few days ago, and it was the craziest thing. We were in the computer lab and at first it didn’t even feel real. 


It’s weird to see Anna going in to middleschool and Clayton going into high school. Best of luck to both of them!

On Sunday the mission president of the Este mission came down and gave a fireside. He gave an amazing talk about the atonement. He described how the atonement not only saved us from our sins, but also our weaknesses and how different those two things are. He said that weakness and strength are very similar and how through Christ our weaknesses can be strengths. It's really hard to do, but I’m trying to learn patience.

Time to go to the City and get some food. I guess they have some really good hotdog things here, completas are what there called. Last week my companion and I got yelled at for the fist time. I think the man was cursing at us, but my feelings were not hurt cuz I couldn’t understand him. Haha. Blessings of my terrible Spanish. Got 2 go. Love you all!

Elder Walker



Study, study.


And more study.


Beautiful Santiago Temple