Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference is Amazing

Hello, 

Conference is amazing and it’s honestly the only time that the missionaries get a break! All the gringos were able to go to a room and watch it in English. It felt like Christmas, and there was something special about watching it with the missionaries. I thought it was awesome that talks were given in different languages. I especially liked the talk about taking responsibility by Elder Jorg Klebingat, Elder Holland on the poor, and the talk by Elder Uchtdorf in the priesthood session. They made me really think about my own efforts and made me want to do more. I love the question, “Lord is it I?” I think it’s something I need to ask myself more, especially in places where maybe I feel a little prideful. There was a lot about personal revelation, which I love because it’s what I teach every day. I also liked the part about how Spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers. Finally, I loved Elder Bednar’s talk to those who are not members of the church. Besides Conference, we are enjoyed a lot of success this week and my Spanish is definitely better. I don’t think I’ll be able to say that I have Spanish until my birthday, but that’s all right. The work is sweet!

Love,
Elder Walker
Made my first Chilean food.