Monday, May 18, 2015

Ups and Downs

Hey!
So this week was full of ups and downs. The best parts, however, had to be and those that I'm going to talk about were talking with my family on Monday and going to the temple with a recent convert. 

Of course talking with my family was going to be pretty awesome, and wow there was a lot to talk about this time. Last time we talked I had just recently left and there weren't so many new things happening. This time I heard about crazy stuff with new technology, playoff games, Nascar races, weddings, classmates going crazy, and Clayton's hair? I don't know why, but I was surprised to find out the the world is still spinning over there. There were two things that stood out to me in the call of all the things that my family members said. One was something that my dad said when we started talking about different things he reminded me to stay focussed. The second thing was my sister talking about how obedient I was as a missionary. These two things really inspired me and made me think. Amidst the craziness of the 1 out of 2 hours that I get to talk to my family during the year, they were worried and reminded my about my sacred duty that the Savior has given to me. 

The other awesome thing that happened this week was going to the temple with Daniela. It was amazing, and she is so strong in the church and it's just so great to see the gospel changes someone's life. Literally just a miracle. We were able to go with her to do baptisms for the dead, and it made me think of my little sister doing the same thing a few thousand miles away. 

Anyways love you guys,

Elder Walker


PS. Sean's hairs is still as crazy as ever...way better than Clays but what can you do? Ty, wait Ty is a teenager?????Nooo! Wow, thats so crazy! Bret just a baller, and it was so nice to hear his manly voice for a few seconds.