Monday, June 8, 2015

Mission Life

Hello,

So this week can and went. I’m working hard with Elder Moesinger. The first thing I want to say is that I’m super excited for Sam! Phillipines! That sound like a pretty crazy mission. This week we had a lot of capacitation for all missionaries, and spent a full morning with president and the assistants, and another morning with the zone leaders. It’s great to hear from all the missionaries, and get new ideas and revelation for my sector. 

Two things of note that happened this last week.  First my companion, Elder Moesinger, and I went to a pizza place that we always go to in the evenings when we want pizza. And the other day we went there and the pizza guy, Senor Carro, started talking to us (we’re pretty good customers), and he told us how much he loves music. Then he pulled out this fat accordion and started playing it. He was super good, and he told us he had studied for a few years in a college. Then, Senor Carro gave the accordion to my comp to play it, and he had no idea what to do. So in classic Mormon style, he started playing “We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet.” Haha. It was awesome.

Second we’ve been teaching this family here, and I love them so much. They’re the family Riquelme Perez, and we’re helping them. Thier son’s on a mission, and they’re just great.

Love you all so much,

Elder Walker
Familia Riquelme Perez