Monday, May 16, 2016

Capacitación

I’m now starting week 5 of this change and the weeks are going by faster than a tub of Ice cream in my freezer.  Sorry for the ice cream analogy, I just bought tub that I just dropped off at home, and I can’t stop thinking about it.  It’s been about 2 weeks (which feels like 2 months), I think, since the last time I had ice cream, an excruciating amount of time for an ice cream lover like me.

Anyways, last week was great, and we had zone meetings in Maipu, Stake conference and divisions. The zone meetings were particularly interesting this past week because they lasted a really long time. They were the longest I’ve ever had, from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. We had lunch and received special capacitación from President, and it seems like he’s trying to get everyone ready for when he leaves. Actually that’s exactly what he’s doing, and he and his wife focused a lot on the Book of Mormon. It was a great capacitación and what most called my attention was what Hermana Barrerios said towards the end. She related that when Elder Bednar was here she asked him how she could better help her kids and missionaries understand the Atonement. Elder Bednar said that she needed to read the Book of Mormon again and look for the times when God gives strength.

That’s what I’m doing now, too.

Have a great week.

Elder Walker