Monday, December 15, 2014

Slow Week

Hey!
So this week I don't really have much to say; it was really slow. My bike broke 3 times in one day and my comp got sick and we had to stay in the house for a whole day. Elder Molina was pretty bad, but he’s getting better. I just hope that he doesn't get me sick too. We don't have a mirror right now so this last week I got super sunburned and didn't even realize until all the member told me that I looked like a tomate. 

Right now I'm reading in 3 Nephi when Jesus comes to the Americas and it fits in perfectly with Christmas and all. Jesus talks about a lot of things about fufilling the law and establishing the new law of repentance and love. But what I like most is when he finishes and looks on the people and sees that they don't want him to go and decides to heal all the sick and bless all the children. It's amazing. My goal is to finish before we skype in 2 more weeks or so. 

I’m at the point where I’m starting to see what type of missionary I want to be. And the sad thing is it’s a lot easier, obviously, to be a missionary who bends the rules to be friends the members and investigators. Even if all that can be good, it can be distracting as well. I can talk enough now to the point where in the visits is really easy to just spend way too much time. And to be honest we wasted a lot of time this last week. It's tough because I'm just trying to find that balance, and obviously, I want to do more. Elder Molina and I are really good friends, and he’s really friendly. That’s part of why it's so hard, I think, to keep our time short in the lessons. But in the end we here to help everyone, and I just need to repent and work harder I don't want to talk on Christmas knowing that I haven't been working as hard as I can. 

Love you all,

Elder Marcus Walker
Elder Molina and I here in the Almacen. I’m wearing my big, fat, ugly tie. Everyone needs a good grandpa tie.