Monday, April 27, 2015

Work and Hope

Well this week was pretty interesting, we had a suprise trip to the temple, I got super sick, then I made some pizza. So my week was pretty normal. 

So after 9 months, I went back into Providencia and it was pretty weird. Santiago is really similar to the U.S. It's almost the same actually, super nice and clean, more dogs but pretty much it looks just like Los Angeles. After being in the country and run down areas, it was real weird to go back to a place where I feel like I'm in the US. The temple was amazing, and I had one of the best temple experiences that I've had. It was so amazing to be in the House of the Lord. 

Anyways, Friday I got sick. After lunch, I felt awful, just really bad, and I being super stubborn decided to go work anyways. We just walk around my sector for a bit looking for someone to teach, but my sector is not good for a sick stomach, and we finally got into a house and started teaching. In the middle of the lesson asked to go to the bathroom. I just stood up and pushed my way in. Right when I got in, I fell to my knees and threw up in there toilet. Pretty gross. But after I got up finished the lessen and said the prayer. Later that night I threw up about three more times, and it was just peachy. haha. but life's good. 

It's hard not to get discouraged sometimes. I'm siting in the cyber next to a man with a big gage hole in his ear and a cigarette lighter hanging in the hole. He's probably a great person. I don't know, but I look at him and think why waste my time. Then, I repent inside and feel bad. I contacted a house this week and talked with an old lady who was super sweet and nice. She was holding her little grandson, and I told her she could live with him forever. Then, she told me she wanted to hear more on Tuesday. So I left to move on to the next house. Just outside the door, I stopped to write down the adress of her house, and I could hear her laughing. I stopped and listened, and I heard the same sweet old lady laugh about us and say, "No, don't worry. I won't be here on Tuesday". It is so hard to find people who want to change. I want to help give these people the same joy that I've felt, the eternal happiness that God loves us, but they don't listen. I'm working hard with my investigators, but it is hard to keep the hope and fait and enthusiasm going.

Oh well! We get to talk in a week. Right? All chill. I will plan on calling at 5 my time. Work it out with Nick.

Love you lots, 

Elder Walker

Temple!