Tuesday, October 27, 2015

De Santiago Chile

Hello!

This last week was full of work. My new companion is Chilean, and his name is Elder Benavides. He is from the south of Chile. He's a great little guy, and we get along well. We actually already knew each other pretty well because we've lived in the same apartments for the last 3 months. This last week his comp went home too, so President put us together for what we think will be these next 2 weeks. We have to work in both his sector and mine so last Sunday we went to both meetings  of church from 9 to 2 o'clock. 

Last week we had another miricle with Elias. He is an 11 year old kid that knows almost everything about the church. His Uncle was a Bishop, and his grandma is an active member. He knows way more than I knew when I was his age. Anyway,s we started teaching him 2 weeks ago, and he's just super smart so on Tuesday we asked him about his baptism that he was going to have on the 31 of October. He told us he was super excited for his baptism, and that he actually wanted to get baptised sooner. So we told him that he could get baptised the same weekend. It was incredible to see the faith of such a young person, and last Saturday he got baptised. Elias is a special boy, and I feel like he's going to help his family come into the church in spite of such a young age. His Mom is less active and his Dad isn't a member. The baptismal service was spiritual, and he and his parents were all really emotional. It was a warming experience that built my faith.

I'm doing great here in Chile. I try not to think about the house too much, but it's pretty hard sometime. Everybody always asks about the family. I can't help but to think that Christmas isn't the only thing I'm going to miss this Christmas season. With Chloe's wedding and all. I did the math the other day, and it's impossible for me to become an uncle on the mission, so there's something. On the bright side, I'm happy to be a missionary. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Elder Walker

Arenas Family!