Monday, January 11, 2016

Changes

Hi,

This last week was a little bit different, and brought some unexpected changes. President decided to have transfers in the middle of a change. One day was normal and the next day it seems as if most of the mission got moved. Almost everyone was transferred. That and we changed our schedule again back to Mondays as our P days, and we don't have a transfer meeting anymore. I stayed to finish Elder Moreira's training, but my zone is very different now. Things are different, but I think that change helps one thinks a little bit more and my mind focuses a little bit better with change. President is very wise. I think a good example of this is in golf. Sometimes if someone changes clubs, it can help them just because they focus more. It's something that my Dad taught me with putting. When he told me to change clubs, and I did better; however, it can also be a little risky. The point is the the mission is dynamic and change is the only preditable thing. 


I however have not had very many changes, right now I've been in the same sector for the last 7 months. I love it!! My sector is amazing and the people are so great. This week a good friend leaves on his mission. Jaime is a kid that has been visiting people with us for the last few months, and on Thursday he leaves for Argentina. I feel blessed to have been a part of his preparation and happy to see another missionary join the ranks. It's small but meaningful things like that that each day that keep me going during the weeks and months. 


On Sunday we had one investigator that attened!!! Her name is Sofia, and she has 15 years old. Ahh I mean she's 15 years old :) Despite her age she is very mature and has to be one of the most prepared people that I've taught. She reads, prays, and goes to church. What a miracle or no?!? When she first went to church she loved it, and now she has friends in Young Womens. I'm hoping that tomorrow we can put a baptismal date with her so that she can receive the forgivness of her sins to live with God eternally. 


I'm doing great and feeling a little old to be honest. The next time we talk I'll be 20!! That's like a fifth of a century! Haha love you all so much!!


Elder Walker