Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016

Hi,

Wow it's here! 2016 has arrived! It was a little bitter sweet to say good bye to 2015. 2015 was the year I spent entirely in the service of the Lord. It was my year of learning and of great blessings. I can't help but to feel a little bit old in the mission and in life now that I'm going to turn 20, and I've been on the mission for over 17 months. I can't believe it, time really has gone by fast! Luckily I still have over 6 months left in the mission.

This last week was great, but it also had its ups and downs. To start, we had a special miracle on Wednesday morning. Just so you understand the mornings can be hard with the heat, hunger, and lack of people in their houses, but in our mission the goal is to find a new investigator before lunch. On Wednesday morning we found a less active member named Tatiana who has 2 daugters that aren't members. She was alone so we returned to her house later with a member and had one powerful lesson. She has an incredible desire to return to the church after going through some heartbreaking experiences. She started to cry and said that the night before she asked God for direction in her life to know what to do and that we had answered her prayer. The daughters want to learn more, and we're going to visit them again today. 

There are miracles all the time in the mission, and this is just an example of one. But they happen regularly. I know that God is a God of miracles and results, and if we know Him, stay in the path of righteousness and put our confidence in Him we will see those miracles  (Mormon 9:20). I have half of this year to give everything I have. Thanks so much for the support. I'm doing the best I can.

Elder Walker