Monday, February 23, 2015

In the Big City

Ya,

Well, I finally got changed!! After 6 months of riding bikes, learning Spanish, and 3 companions, I left La Islita, and now I'm in a zone called 5 de Abril--in the big city! La Islita will always be a special place for me. It’s where I learned a little bit about being a missionary. Saying bye to everyone was sad, but there is no greater joy than hearing the testimony of those that you could help. 

I’m going to miss Elder Nash, he was always just so happy and feel free to look him up on youtube: James Nash Yugio. He told me that he has a ton of views on one of his Yugio videos. So now I’m with Elder Oliver—another Gingo!!! Haha. He's awesome. Elder Oliver is from Oregon, and I don’t know him to well, but I know he loves to dance. In fact, he is pretty much a professional ballroom dancer from what I've heard. He’s chill and I'm excited to get to work in this ward with him. 

President today taught us something pretty cool. He talked to us about hope. He read to us Ether chapter 12 verse 4, I think, where it says that hope is more than just a wish that is the firm faith that something’s going to happen like eternal life. I think for a lot of my life I've thought of hope as being a dream or a wish when in reality, it’s so much more. It’s working towards a goal and expecting the best, expecting the desired result after you’ve done all that you've can. That’s actually pretty interesting because the word for to hope and to expect are the same in Spanish. I’m going to try to develop more hope this change. 

Yes, mom, I got the packages. Thanks so much!!! I love you and I'm pretty nervous and excited to continue one this journey. 

Love,
Elder Walker