Monday, March 2, 2015

Sweet Week

Hello!

So a little bit about my ward. I’m in Lo Errazuriz 1. There are 6 missionaries in our ward, which is awesome. The two other Elders that we live with, Elder Moesinger and Elder Nobre and then the Hermanas. The ward is huge, well in comparison to my last ward. About 115 people go to church on average, which is a ton. The ward is split into 3 sectors because there are 3 companionships. The first two sectors are pretty nice with houses and nice apartamentos, but our sector is a little different. Nothing bad, just in my sector there are a whole bunch of Block. A Block is a huge apartment building where people live and there are probably about 40 of these buildings, which is awesome because there are a ton of people that live really close. 

The member are really sweet, and I can already tell I'm going to love their help and support as I try to figure out how to use them as a missionary. It was kinda funny we had lunch my first day and there was this huge Chilean dude, like massive, that ate with us, and when I told him our sector, he just started laughing at Elder Oliver and I. He told us that he’s scared to go into our sector because of how filthy it is. haha. No worries, Mom, I’m perfectly safe. 

Other than that the biggest surprise was at church. Elder Oliver had baptized this convert the Sunday before I arrived, and it was time for her to receive the whole Ghost, which I didn’t know until we got to church. We went up to the front and the segundo consejero just looked at us and says Elder Oliver do it, and he’s just like I can’t, I don’t know how. So they both looked at me and I'm just like okay. So for the third time I gave the gift of the holy ghost on my mission, which is pretty awesome. The first two times, I wrote it all out and practiced to make sure I knew all the words. This time I was still pretty nervous in front of everyone, my first Sunday and all, but they words came to me. All was well. haha. Good story for the journal though! Elder Oliver can do it next time—he knows how now. 

Anyway, I love all of you lots. The City is awesome and the sheer number of people amazing.

Elder Walker