Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Bitter Sweet

Hi,

I just finished reading all my emails everyone sent me this week, and all I can say is that was one of the most bitter sweet experiences of my life. Seeing the pictures of my beautiful sister getting sealed in the temple and reading the words of the sealer gave me a more real image of the special moment that I missed. I'm excited to say that I wasn't too distracted the day of her wedding and worked the whole day without problems. But seeing the pictures today, I think it hurts more now than that day. Well, there's nothing I can do it about it now. It already happened... so it's time to get back to work....


Well last week was a pretty amazing week. We had a ton of miracles at church on Sunday. Jorge and Magarita both went to church, and they are our progressing investigators for now. They've gone two times and this last week they brought their grandkids. It was pretty awesome, and we thought about baptizing them this week, but with the holiday season the baptismal date fell through, but we're still optimistic for January. We also had a less active member go to church for the first time in 5 years. She's the daugter of an active member, and we've visited her just a few times and she unexpectedly walked in the door of the church. My comp and I just looked at each other and started to smile because it was honstly just a tender mercy. When the people want to repent, it is so much easier. 


Anyways in my studies I've been pondering about a scripture in Luke 9.


57 ¶And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.


 58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

 59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

 60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

 61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

 62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

I love these verses. I feel like they apply so perfectly to my life right now. This is a time of year when the distraction of missing family Christmas and weddings and movies can turn the special joy of dedicated service to looking back with sorrow for the missed, if I'm not careful. I can't live like that. I won't live like that. I am happy. Every day is a new adventure the Lord literally walks with us, and I can feel His presence. I'm blessed with my companion; we talk, laugh, and enjoy the work. There is no where I would rather be. So don't worry about me. No sympathy needed here. Love you all so much and can't wait to talk with my family on Saturday and see their smiles and to show them mine.

Elder Walker

PS. We are so spoiled in my mission. Look at the awesome mission Christmas party we had!