Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Chile Santiago Oeste

Hola!

Well things are super groovy over here on the other side of the world, in the southern hemisphere. This last week I learned a lot and had a few amazing spiritual experiences. 

In church we finally had an investigator attend after an entire month of countless hours of hard work. We brought one. His name in Jorge, and he is a 45ish year old man with a wife and kid. The wife couldn't go :( but he went anyways :) He has a lot of questions and knows a lot about the bible and Book of Mormon because he has a Mormon friend. We've been visiting him for about a month and are hoping to baptize him soon. 

It may seen like a small task to bring one investigator to church, but it really isn't. We have to work hard and commit them to go to church, but without the spirit they don't get there. Without the spirit nothing happens.

The second spiritual experience happened yesterday. We were finishing a good day and my companion had to use the bathroom, so we went into the house of a Flotante someone that goes to church every other Sunday. President wants us to ask for references and help increase the attendance by visiting the flotantes. So we entered the house and immediately I felt a little uneasy, like I felt like we had to leave and visit someone. So I sat and waited for Elder Moreira to leave the bathroom and I felt the same thing but even stronger, a literal force that told me to visit some investigators. I told the member that we had to go, got up and left the house, and we raced across the sector to visit them. We we got there I was confident, but still unsure about what I felt. As we approached to house, I realized that they were home, which is a miracle because they're amazing investigators but they're never there. We knocked on the door entered and taught a great spiritual lesson where they accepted the baptismal invitation. 

I know this is the Lord's work and it is by His spirit that we preach the Gospel. Just like it says in D&C 50
13 Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question—unto what were ye ordained?

14 To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth.

Anyways, I'm happy to be in the mission and more focused than ever, but it's still hard to see pictures of my family and friends that I love so much. Luckily the solution is simple: work, work, work its the only cure to homesickness.

I love you all so much,

Elder Walker