Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas is Coming

Hello,

So this last week was a physical test. The physical demands of the mission are pretty rough sometimes. Besides all the walking we do every day, on Tuesday we played soccer. But you have to understand, we played Latin style soccer. It was a holiday so we invited everyone to come and play with us. We had like 30 people show up, and we had to split up and go to a different field. Anyways we had two semi professional players, and we played in the middle of the day.Needless to say it was intense, and we all ended just dead tired. I was happy though because scored a pretty sick goal :) However, after I was so tired that I couldn't even walk after. My muscles were so sore that I almost cried from the pain. I hurt for the next few days. haha. 

I spent most of the week in pain, but we had a good week. Jorge and Margarita went to church with their son, and wow was it awesome!! Finally. The only other bad part of the week was when I threw up in the street, but I'm better now. 

Why should we think to earn a great reward if we now shun the fight. 

That's my spiritual though for y'all this week. I love the work and love the mission.  Even with Star Wars, wedding parties, and thrilling sporting events going on back home, the mission is still better and the reward eternal. I'm going to stay in my sector for another 6 weeks. Love you so much! 

Best of luck Chloe and Joe at their wedding this week.

Happy B day Clay! Love you big guy!

Elder Walker

PS. I attached a little bit of proof. Walking more than ever.